Friday, January 17, 2014

Exhausted...

Holy Moly I am Tired.
 
I thought it was bad during the first trimester but this is ridiculous.
 
Busy season is in full swing and I can already feel it. I am at basically scheduled at a client everyday until the week before I'm due. And along with being at these clients comes: Full audits, another set of financial statements to be done, and half the time the tax return.
 
Normally I don't mind busy season that much (I say this now, but Travis would probably tell you how fun it is to live with me during past busy seasons). You just mentally prepare to be working every night and at least one day a weekend (60+ hours). Luckily my company lets all of this night/weekend work happen at home. It's a rough few months, but having Fridays off (paid) the other 6 months of the year and all the other perks our company offers MORE than makes up for it.
 
This busy season however, is going to kick my butt.
 
I remember reading this quote during my first few weeks and kinda laughing. But now I feel like this is even more true during the last 2 months!
"Imagine staying up all night, running a marathon, then doing three hundred loads of laundry, and raking leaves off a football field all in one day. How tired would you be? That's how tired I felt EVERY day in my first trimester."
-Jenny McCarthy
 
Between busy season and everything else on my mind,
it's a miracle I haven't missed any deadlines yet!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment